A blog is a website where you need no knowledge of any specific software to create your blog and maintain it. Another feature of a blog is that your blog can be a social medium. For example, if you post something can allow others to comment. Then you can also comment back.
This is a great way to help build a blog community. You can also let others create new posts.
The beauty of a blog is that you can maintain from any PC with the Internet, wherever you are in the world, or from your smartphone which everyone has now. It does not matter whether it is Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Apple, or Android.
They all work. This is useful if you tend to travel a lot. Or if you suddenly have a good idea that you want to share on your blog and you’re not home, you can just pull out your phone and write on your blog. It is also easy to get photos, videos, on your blog.
Blogs are used in many ways; for private purposes, business websites, and/or Intranet for example of a company.
There are two ways to create a blog:
1.) Free blog hosts. ( Blogger & WordPress ) Your website would be something.wordpress.com
2.)Through your own web host with your own domain name. Your website would be YourDomain.com
How do I create a free blog:
In this guide, we will explain how to create a weblog through WordPress, the best, safest, and most widely used blogging software in the world.
- Create a free account at wordpresss.com
- Right to choose ’preferred language’ first language: ”English”
- Click on the button “sign up now”
- Fill in: username (this is also the name in the URL of your weblog)
In this example, we will make: YourOwnBlogName.wordpress.com
- Create a password (not too easy!)
- Confirm your password (to confirm)
- Insert an email address (Gmail and Hotmail is acceptable)
- Make sure the legal & accept terms is checked
- Select ”Give me a blog”
- Click on NEXT
- Now is your domain address shown (web address), then adjust the title of your weblog, for example, YourOwnBlogName’s Blog
- Click on SIGNUP
- Look in your specified email inbox for a message from WordPress. In that email a link where you must click to activate your account. Once you’ve done that, it opens a new window and you must enter your username and password.
- From this screen, click on LOGIN
Your Blog is now ready to decorate!
The web address to your weblog is now: http://YourOwnBlogName.wordpress.com/
So after you are logged in, you first open standard DASHBOARD. From here you can arrange anything like a new theme (appearance of your blog), enter a new post or page, or edit existing posts or pages, and you can also update or delete them all as well.
If you want to see how your blog looks you can click on the link at the top left of the admin area where your blog title is. The best thing to do here is to open it in a new tab. This way you can switch back and forth between the admin area and how the blog looks. So you can decide on certain changes or not.